Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thinking outside the box...

I am not usually one to brag too much on my kiddos.  Let's face it... everybody thinks their kids are amazing.

But, look at this picture.  Do you see a random assortment of junk?  Or do you see what he saw, mind you - before it was built? 
J-A-R-E-D.
He built his name from a pile of garbage.

I would have NEVER thought to do something like that.  I just don't "see" that way.  But, he sees everything through the lens of creativity.
Read this:

The War in the Town
By: Jared

Oned day
A baby
Was being born
That day
There was
A war
The baby's mom
Risked
Her life
For the baby
And died

He is 8 years old.  He was told to write a poem - about whatever he thought of - leaving spaces between the lines.  Unbelievable.
He dreams about moving to New York and putting his art in a museum.  If I am not mistaken... he is well on his way.
What a cool kid.  Yep, he's mine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment