Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heartache...

Have you ever felt your heart break?  Literally felt it inside of you - like part of it just tears in two?

I hate that feeling.  When my heart is sinking to the depths.  It is that low place where you just want to be alone, and can't stand the thought of being alone all at the same time.

That is when I am the most thankful that I have Jesus.  I am never alone... and yet, He will give me as much "space" as I need.  He is so kind that way.  He is close to the brokenhearted.  I think that is why He put that verse in there.  He just wanted to make sure, in case we had any doubts... that we knew, really knew that He was close by.  The moment we whisper in our hearts that we need Him, He draws us near - carrying us close to His heart.  These are truths from Scripture.

Sometimes I think that He cries when I cry.  There is nothing in Scripture about that (that I know of) - although He does mention catching all my tears in a bottle.  Yep, every one.  And, He promises that in eternity - He will wipe every tear from my eyes.  Every single one.  I find that so comforting.

Watching someone that you love cry is heart-wrenching.  I know with my kids, I want to wipe their tears away.  It is the most tender thing I can think of to do.  It is a gesture that says, "My heart is breaking for you too".  That is (only perfectly so) the way that God feels.  He loves us.  We are His children.  To see us in pain brings His heart pain.  He is a perfect Daddy.  He is full of compassion and mercy.  His heart is certainly moved by our pain, though He has the bigger picture already unfolded in front of Him.  He can see what we can't.  That is why we should have hope.  Our hope is not in what is seen, but what is unseen.  Because the Truth is often in what is not seen, rather than what is.
Wow.  That sounds confusing... but this world is only a mere shadow of the things that are yet to come.  My hope is in what is coming ahead - and not what has gone before.  If this life is all there is, surely we are to be pitied more than all men.  This world is full of hate and pain and heartache.  But, what is coming is indescribable in beauty.
Tonight, my heart is chattering because it broke again.  In half.  I felt it in my chest, under my skin.  When that happens, there is only one place I need to go... and that is to the arms of my Savior - who understands the most complex of things about me.  What a gift that He would draw near to me.
Tonight, I am praying for anyone who might come across this... maybe your heart is breaking.  Or maybe it has long since been broken... either way... I am saying a prayer for you.  A prayer that you would know the love I am talking about.  That you would know the Hope I am referring to.  That you would find comfort and rest in the presence of Jesus.  I am praying that you find rest for your weary soul.  I am praying that you find the Healer for your broken heart.  I am praying because I know that if my heart is breaking - He wants me to pray for others in the same situation.  Now, I am going to take time and do just that.
Goodnight, sweet friend.  Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment